Saturday, June 26, 2010

Friendly/Social Saturday Ride...Recap.

We (my 15 yrs old daughter, 13 yrs old son & my self) arrived at the Petsmart parking lot which was surprisingly empty. My kids asked with unexciting voice "only us dad?" I told them the truth, "yes, only 3 of us, but that's ok, we're going to have fun". We unloaded our 2 mountain bikes, a road bike to get ready for departure. As I turned around to check out the parking lot for a last time...a familiar truck with a familiar bike on the truck's bed pulled in....it was Long...he showed up just like a star. I told my kids, "That's my VV member!" I can see the admiration in my kids eyes. I was impressed by his present because I didn't expect him to show up. We exchanged conversation and some introduction...then guess what??? Another unexpected person showed up ... Dashaan! Yes Dashann, ladies and gentlemen! He was showed up like a hero flying in from nowhere. I was emotional and touched for Long and Dashaan's supportive. Thank you Long and Dashaan, you guys mean so much to my kids and me, after the ride my kids said to me "We are so impressed for the chance to ride with 2 other professional VV riders, they look sooo cool, too!".

It was an over cast and cool breeze morning, the ride was quite enjoyable and easy for everyone. It was a good ride. My children and I got so much of the ride. We bonded and got to know each other better. Let's tell your friends & family members... about this. I look forward for another ride like this again...may be next coming week? Anyone?

Thank you and Ride On...
Toan

2 comments:

  1. Nice to read that Dashaan & Long came out to support. Bring your kids out Sunday and we will get them excited. See U tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is a fun ride but i think the kid will enjoy more if you stop at any place for them to play and have some pizza

    ReplyDelete