Tuesday, March 8, 2011

06 March Ride Photos

This was a hard 57-mile ride, with loads of climbs. My legs were extremely sore after the ride.

Some highlights from the ride:

1. Right before the Jamboree climb, Yahoo! Girl said she does not climb well and then proceed to unleash a vicious attack going from like the 20th place down to the front 4 riders. I got tired of chasing her.

2. 125 lbs guest Geraldo, riding a 25-lbs bike, were always in the top 5 on every hills. He is even lighter than our most lightweight riders like Arnel and KyAnh. Geraldo had me thinking how can we utilize this guy to help with the GMR attacks.

3. Rock Racing Brothers unveiled their GMR attack plan on San Joaqiun Hills and Cannon. Basically RR An is the first to attack at the base of the climb dragging the other two brothers, 1/3 up RR Loi takes over and drag RR Can up, the final 1/3 RR Can unleashed all his might and fury. Even when I had a significant gap on these guys, they were able to pull me back and RR Can pass me on every hills. This might just work on GMR if they time it right! Although... GMR is a heck longer than these hills we climbed.

4. A1 dynamic duo Scott and Greg spinned up the speed on Portola and disappeared from sight. So basically if you loose draft, you can kiss them goodbye because you aren't gonna be able to pull them back without at least 5 guys pulling!

One thing I noted is that the team did better paceline overall (e.g. ride in a tight straight line), but still need to work on the rotation. We will practive more of this.

Here are some pictures below courtesy of KyAnh. Enjoy!

Out,
Phong

Photo - Tan, Anh Minh, Thang, Nancy, and Arnel

Photo - Tan Resting His Legs

Photo - Donovan, Steve, Loi, Loc, Can, An, KyAnh, Guest, and Simon

Photo - Long and Loc

Photo - The Animal Scott and Yahoo! Girl Kristy

Photo - Guests David and 125 lbs Climbing Sensation Geraldo

3 comments:

  1. Great seeing you out there! It is true that I don't like to climb especially when I've been training hard the day before. Short and steep climbs are my specialty but long ones like San Joaquin...blah! I have a lightweight cassette coming for those long climbs, watch out! Will not see you guys this weekend as Haldane is racing Murrieta. We will see you the following Sunday! Have a great week everyone and don't forget to move your clock an hour forward, Daylight Savings Time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ride! I am totally agreed Phong...I loved this nice performance on pace line from our team. Ride on guys!
    Thanks for the pics Kyanh & also the treat after this ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read the recap and the Pix make my leg itching so bad, I will miss you guys again this Sunday and i have to eat it. I better climb GMR more often now or I'll be eaten alive.
    Ngoc.

    ReplyDelete