Friday, August 19, 2011

1989 Tour de France Time Trial

The stage that got me hook on cycling. LeMond beat Fignon on the last TdF stage by a mere 8 seconds.



After watching this on TV in '89, I went out and got a $600 bike. My first ever road bike, a green celeste Bianchi. As much as I try, I got whip by Long each and every time we climb Sierra Madre Blvd in the Arcadia and Pasadena area. He rode a red Schwinn.

Gonna visit Malibu Hills this weekend. Let's see if Long and I can revive the old rivalry and the good old times. Likely he will still whip me on 'em hills!

What got you into cycling?

Out,
Phong

1 comment:

  1. Phong!
    It will be your chance to show Long and the team who U are after 12 years! hehehe!

    Have fun U all!
    Ride safe,
    Have fun,
    and kick up a notch to find out where U are today!

    From VV HPTeam of MN,
    Quang

    ReplyDelete